This 3 day Queen Elizabeth Safari – a Uganda wildlife safari takes you to Queen Elizabeth National Park, Uganda’s second largest national park, with plenty of wildlife, birds and primates. The park is also blessed with spectacular scenery of the Crater Lakes and the rolling savannah plains which overlook the snow capped mountain ranges of Rwenzori. You’ll get to enjoy boat cruise and game drives on the Kazinga channel.
- Equator experience
- Game drives
- Boat cruise on Kazinga channel
Day 1: Travel to Queen Elizabeth National Park (417 Kms)
You will depart Kampala in the morning after breakfast and travel westwards through Uganda’s beautiful green countryside to the Queen Elizabeth National park. The journey will take 6-7 hours with stopovers at areas of tourist attraction such as the Equator for an opportunity to stand in two hemispheres at the same time. You will traverse through the grasslands flanked with banana plantations where long-horned Ankole cattle which is endemic can be seen grazing in near the plantation area.
In the afternoon hours, you’ll reach Queen Elizabeth National Park and go for a launch cruise along the Kazinga channel and have a close range encounter with the big water animals like hippos, buffalos, crocodiles, elephants. On the water banks, you can spot numerous bird species like the famous Shoebill, Pelican, Jacana etc. Dinner and overnight at the lodge of your preference.
- Luxury Lodge: Mweya Safari Lodge: Katara Lodge/ Jacana Lodge
- Mid-range moderate: Bush Lodge (in rooms) / Simba Safari Camp in rooms/ Buffalo Safari Resort/ Enganzi Lodge/ Ihamba Safari Lodge
- Budget facility: Kazinga Channel View Lodge/ Simba Safari Camp in tents/ Bush Lodge in tents
- Meal Plan: Dinner
Day 2: Game drive and boat cruise
You will set off early (about 6.30am) for a morning game drive, an awesome experience to spot the animals in natural habitats. Expect to see the famous Big Five; Elephant, Buffalos, Lions, Bush bucks, Kobs, Giant forest hog, Hyenas leopards, antelopes, and Waterbucks as well as birds. You will return for breakfast / early lunch and start the return journey to Kampala. No accommodation and dinner will be provided.
Whats included in this itinerary?
- Transportation (type of car ) 4WD min van with pop up roof for excellence safari view.
- All fuel for the trip.
- Game drive.
- Boat cruise.
- Driver / guide.
- Guide ranger fees.
- Accommodation and meals as per itinerary.
- All activities are described in the itinerary.
- Park fee is according to the program.
- Meals are according to the program.
However, the package excludes: Personal Expenses like:, tobacco, telephone, drinks, laundry, porter fee, personal insurance, Visa , and tips to guides