- Day 1: Arusha /Serengeti National park
- Day 2: Serengeti National park (Full Day)
- Day 3: Serengeti/Ngorongoro Crater
- Day 4: Lake Manyara/Arusha
Day 1: Optional Masai Village & Olduvai Gorge/Serengeti National park
On this day meet with our safari guide at your hotel and after full briefing on safari depart with packed lunches for Serengeti-game drives en route the plains of Ngorongoro with optional visit to Masai village & Olduvai Gorge: an important archaeological site for Dr. Leakey’s family
- 12h30: Lunch at a picnic site in the park
- Afternoon game drive across the plains of Serengeti that offer excellent game this time of the year, arriving at the camp on time for dinner and overnight at Katikati Tented Camp FB
Day 2: Central Serengeti National park (Full Days)
This day will best planned between the clients and their safari guide-either choosing to embark on a full day game drives half day or evening game in the plains of Serengeti
- 12h30: Lunches at a picnic site/camp
- Afternoon game drives in the park/leisure at the camp.
- Dinner and overnight at Katikati Tented Camp FB http://www.tanganyikawildernesscamps.com/camps/serengetimediumcamp/
NB- You can choose to do a balloon safari on this morning while at Serengeti. For more details on balloon safari visit www.balloonsafaris.com
Serengeti National Park is an immense park and with its unsurpassed concentrations of wildlife and its vast endless grasslands offers the finest game viewing anywhere in Africa. The Serengeti ecosystem is one of the oldest on earth and the annual wildlife migration, largest mass movement of land mammals on planet earth, is perhaps what makes it famous. Over a million wildebeest and zebras flow south from the northern hills to the southern plains for the short rains every October and November, and then go west and north after the long rains in April, May and June.
Serengeti, characterized by the endless plains, acacia trees and punctuated by large stone kopjes presents an archetypal picture of a wild and remote Africa and supports an amazingly large number of wildlife. Animals present include lions, elephants, giraffes, gazelles, monkeys, eland, zebras, wildebeests, leopards, cheetahs, Serengeti’s essential features of climate, flora and fauna have barely changed in the past million years.
Day 3: Serengeti/Ngorongoro Crater
Breakfast at the camp and with packed lunches depart for Ngorongoro crater-descend into the crater floor for an extensive tour of this natural zoo where animal drama never ends
- 12h30: Lunch at a picnic site in the crater
- Afternoon game drives in the crater then ascends the crater and head to the lodge.
- Dinner and overnight at Ngorongoro Farm House FB http://www.tanganyikawildernesscamps.com/camps/ngorongorofarmhouse/
- Area: 8,300 square kilometers / 5,175 square Miles
This area covers the world’s largest unbroken caldera namely Ngorongoro crater and the Olduvai Gorge, where Dr. Louis Leaky discovered the origin of early man by unearthing jaws of the Zinjanthropus man. This protected area also includes huge expanses of highlands plains and volcanoes, scrub bush, and forests where the indigenous pastoralists – Maasai people are allowed to live within its boundaries.
The Ngorongoro Crater is a world heritage site and the world’s largest unbroken volcanic caldera which is often referred to as the 8th wonder of the world. The crater is 610 meters deep and 260km2. Breathtaking views of scenery and game can be witnessed from both the crater rim and within the crater floor.
It is estimated that over 25,000 larger mammals, mainly Zebra and Wildebeest, exist within the crater itself. Others include Elephant, Warthog, Impala and Buffalo. A Rhino sighting is a rare possibility but Ngorongoro is your best chance in Tanzania to see the endangered black rhino. Flamingoes and over 100 species of water birds are found at the soda lake on the crater floor.
Day 4: Lake Manyara National park/Arusha
After breakfast at the lodge depart for Lake Manyara National park. Have an extensive morning game drive of this park famed for its tree climbing lions, later exit the park for a transfer to Arusha
- 12h30: Lunch at Arusha Cultural Heritage
- Afternoon tour of this unique cultural centre where you get bargain deals for jewelry, antics and local crafts .Later transfer to your hotel in Arusha
Lake Manyara National Park is a beautiful little park and is well known for its tree-climbing lions, elephants and large troops of baboons. The park is home to an amazing variety of birds and animals considering its small size. A short visit to this serene park will greatly diversify your safari experience as the lush green jungle habitat is of stark contrast to the other parks you will visit during your safari.
Lake Manyara, the shallow alkaline water mass named after the park, covers two thirds of the park’s total area of 330 Kilometers square.